Start preparing if you haven’t already.
For the short term, here is a quick checklist.
- If you are able to purchase freeze dried food, do it.
- If you have a dehydrator, start making jerky or dry some fruit/vegetables. Store these using a vacuum sealer with desiccant packets.
- Get some big drums and store clean water.
- Prepare a simple first aid kit.
For the longer term, you will need to know how to gather food/water. Here are some skills you will need. We can go over these skills in other discussions.
- Water collection:
- Rain water collecting
- Water filtering
- Food collection:
This is a standard Parachord Keychain. Included on the setup is a solar powered LED flashlight and a Peanut Lighter.
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut very thin.
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs of Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Black Pepper
- Follow the Beef Jery Preparation steps.
- Trim off excess fat
- Let marinate overnight
- Put in dehydrator (Depending on your dehydrator, a few hours or overnight)
- If you are using an oven, put on 150 degrees and let cook/dehydrate overnight.
- If you are drying in the sun, leave out all day but cover with wire mesh.
- Let cool for 15 min before putting in ziplock freezer bags or vacuum sealer.
- Add dessicant packet to vacuum sealed bag.
- Write date and name of recipe on the bag.